Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Milk Chocolate Chunk Muffins


I love recipe books and I'm lucky I have friends who love buying them for me!

This is from one of the recipe books given to me by my BFF some time ago (I lost track!). It's a delicious book, with all things chocolate, aptly titled CHOCOLATE by Donna Hay.


To be honest with you, I have not been baking much from other books apart from Baking From My Home To Yours by Dorie Greenspan. I am biased, I know. I just can't help it! Almost all of the recipes from her book that I have baked from have proved themselves to be keepers, so naturally I gravitate towards her book when wanting to try a new bake.

Then last night my daughter asked me to bake some chocolate cupcakes to take to school - my favourite chocolate cake recipe involved taking out the mixer to cream the butter and the sugar and I ain't got neither the time nor the energy to do that last night, so I took out Donna's book to look for a recipe which uses oil - which means no mixer is involved, simply whisk everything up together.

This caught my eye... prepared in 15 minutes and baked in 20. Done in 45 minutes!! My kind of recipe, definitely.


I baked them in mini paper liners and the recipe yielded 30 cupcakes - enough for my daughters to share with their friends. Ran out of liners and the leftover batter fit nicely into two ramekins. I had them for breakfast - they are mildly sweet and the milk chocolate chunks added a fun factor. I'm not too sure they're my favourite chocolate cupcake recipe though! But here's the recipe if you want to try it for yourself!

    Milk Chocolate Chunk Muffins
adapted from Donna Hay ~ Simple Essentials: Chocolate


Ingredients
2 cups flour, sifted
1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup cater sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped milk chocolate

Preheat oven to 180C (350F). place dry ingredients in bowl and combine. In separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, oil and milk and whisk together. Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in chocolate. Spoon into muffin pan lined with paper cups. Bake for 20-25 mins.

2 comments:

  1. Drool drooolll!!! I love anything choclatie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TM! Fancy seeing you here...thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete